Spend a day with some of the nation’s leading web and cloud experts building an ASP.NET MVCweb application that runs in Windows Azure and hosts data in SQL Azure and/or Azure Storage. Together we will build an ASP.NET MVC web application using Razor, jQuery and OData that will be hosted in Windows Azure using several of Azure’s service offerings. We will explore web roles, cloud storage, SQL Azure, and common scenarios. We will show you how to sign up for free time in the cloud and even cover what should not be moved to cloud.
We will save time for open Q&A.
This will be a hands-on event where you will need a laptop configured with the required pieces.
Lunch and prizes will be provided.
ACTION ITEMS PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE EVENT to make the best use of your time at the Windows Azure/ASP.NET MVC Kick Start Event, you must prepare the following requirements before the event:
- A computer or laptop: Operating Systems Supported: Windows 7 (Ultimate, Professional, and Enterprise Editions); Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise Editions) with either Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2
- Visual Studio 2010 (trial:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12752)
- SQL Server 2008 Express or better (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3743)
- ASP.NET MVC 3 (http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc3)
- Get Access to Azure
- Install the free Windows Azure SDK and required software using Web Platform Installer.
- The sample code and handbooks for the labs will be provided at the event.
* WiFi will be accessible on campus, but please download the prerequisites prior to the event.
* Power jacks are available on the top of each desk.