I have the honor of speaking at VSLive Orlando from December 12-14th. I get to speak on two topics, which are
Going from Silverlight or WPF to Metro
So you learned Silverlight and WPF, but now Metro is the scene. Fear not! Those XAML and C# skills are extremely useful. Let Greg walk you through some of the changes when moving to Metro/XAML. Come see what additional considerations are needed for creating a Metro application. You know you’re curious to see if you can hit the ground running, so come see if that is indeed the case!
You will learn:
• What the breaking changes are from Silverlight and WPF to Metro/XAML.
• If your previous skills will pay off.
• What additional considerations need to be handled for Metro applications
Using Azure with Windows Phone and Windows 8!
With phones, tablets and other devices exploding in market share, it’s important to know what technologies and tools will help you develop better applications. These devices are often short on processing power and storage, which is where Azure can really help out. Come see what it’s like to use Azure with Windows Phone and Windows 8, including examples with push notifications, storage and authentication for both platforms and a Metro application using the Azure Service Bus.
You will learn:
• How to use Azure notifications with Windows 8 and Windows Phone
• How to use Azure storage with Windows 8 and Windows Phone
• How Metro applications can benefit from the Azure Service Bus
To get all of the information and register, please visit http://bit.ly/VOSPK17
I hope to see you there!